Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day #17

I have skipped yet another day of writing here...but I have an excuse this time!

Basically, nothing job-related happened yesterday.

I went to the dentist, had my teeth cleaned, had 2 cavities taken care of, and went home with half a numb face. Walked to the post office and mailed a ton of tax stuff out. Decided I'd done enough that day and watched hulu til I was tired.

Today, however, was a little more productive job-wise.

I contacted my visual insurance carrier, got the information needed to submit the claim, walked to the print place down the road to get a copy of my receipt, stuck everything in an envelope, walked to the post office, and mailed it. Had some coffee, came home, and received an email from one of the places I'd applied to (yes!), and responded. Every time I got another email, I jumped up and was quickly disappointed...they have not responded to my response. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Made plans to hang out with a friend tomorrow, so that's good. Also watched Religulous today, and absolutely loved it. Worked on freelance a little more...I really need to get on my freelance stuff a bit. Every time I think I'll work on it, I suddenly don't feel like it. I need to get over that and stop complaining about feeling unmotivated. One thing I learned in college is that no matter how unmotivated you feel about working on a project, once you start working on it, you get on a roll and you're fine.

Also figure I should start adding this bit of info in:
Jobs applied to: 14
Responses: 3
Interviews: 1
Jobs offered: 0

I guess when "Jobs offered" becomes any number besides "0," this blog will effectively end...since I'd no longer be unemployed and such. I may not be a graphic designer though...hmmm....

That's about it for today. I'm going to push myself to work on another freelance project for a bit, and then call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment