Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day #2

Today started with me realizing I have no milk for cereal, and so I've finally plugged in my toaster that I received as a Christmas gift. Soon after I made my breakfast of peanut butter on toast, I answered a phone call that turned out to be from another person laid off from my last job. She wanted to send me a job opportunity she had found, so I gave her my email and we wished each other good luck in our job searches before hanging up. It was actually a nice way to start the day, since it let me know I wasn't the only one to suffer that day (hey, misery loves company) and it gave me another possible job opportunity, which is always good.

It was a wonderful 60 degrees outside, so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and walk to the post office, then to my favorite local coffee place. I've found that getting out and seeing the sun is a real mood lifter, and it helps the day pass. I later went out again to take some photos and pass more time.

Talked to the HR Manager at my previous job to figure out when my insurance information and cards should be arriving in the mail. I was informed that they should be here soon, and that in the meantime, I can still make appointments and the doctors can use my social security number in place of my card until it shows up.

The boyfriend called to give me a heads up for a possible job opportunity at his place of work...not graphic design, unfortunately, but a job is a job when you need to pay rent. Also got in touch with former employers to let them know I was yet again unemployed, and available for any freelance they had available. I received a reply from one with some leads on places that may need help.

Chatted with a friend who is also down on her luck as far as jobs go. Again, misery loves company, and it's always nice to have someone to talk to who understands the unemployment blues.

Basically, I had a somewhat productive and ok day. I don't feel so anxious or depressed as I did last night, and that is always a good thing. We'll see how tomorrow goes with the job leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment