Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day #23

I've skipped quite a few days this time. Sorry.

Nothing happened Friday...nothing job-related, anyhow. I made the day a social day and drove to a friend's house for the afternoon.

Monday was not a good day for me. I had decided to work on my portfolio website, since it's something that needs to be done. After a few hours of tinkering with that, I received an email from a friend I had contacted about a possible job. She replied that the one open position had been filled, but she'd look around and see if any other locations were hiring. Granted, it wasn't a graphic design job...but I'd gotten my hopes up for actually being employed with a decent wage, nice insurance, and something to fill my long days. Apparently, this was the straw that broke the camel's back, because I spent the rest of the afternoon crying. Then evening came, and I pretty much had a panic attack on the phone with my boyfriend. Poor guy...didn't even have any warning. Within seconds of me picking up his call, I was hyperventilating, crying, and just freaking out in general. He managed to calm me down after a couple hours of chatting, and I spent a few more hours staying up with a self-induced migraine and stomach ache.

Stress is so much fun.

Tuesday, I treated myself to some coffee and yogurt at the local coffee place since I knew I needed out of my apartment. Stayed there for about an hour, then came home and got to work. Finished up some logo comps for a freelancing project, and I worked on my site a little more. Then the amazing boyfriend came by to deliver an application, feed me pizza, and keep me company with a movie. (Tired of hearing about the boyfriend yet? Too bad. He's a big part of why I'm still sane.) No panic attacks, so Tuesday was a pretty good day.

That brings us to today...Wednesday. Another good day, even though I still don't have a job. Received an email from a former employer saying that they had been contacted by one of the places I'd applied to. I will be calling or emailing the place tomorrow to see if I can land an interview. The application I filled out from my boyfriend was hand-delivered by his manager to HR, so that's cool. Almost finished my website today, which was a triumph considering I had to teach myself how to use a javascript that would allow me to stylishly show off my work. Now I just have to finish getting the images of my work ready.

I haven't run out of things to work on yet, but sometimes I find I really don't want to do anything. It's very frustrating trying to keep myself motivated every day. I'm realizing that I could probably never work solely from home...I've never had a problem getting my work done at an actual job, but when I'm the only person around to tell me what to do, well, I just don't want to listen to myself.

Keep your fingers crossed that I will score an interview in the next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment